Monday 1 November 2010

'Wishing Troll' Land

Well it was an epic halloween to say the least.

I couldn't have wished for better, our outfits were original, crazy and to be fair we looked ridiculous but I have never dressed as something so original before. After much debate, landing briefly on power rangers and Avatar characters, we decided on 'Wishing Trolls'. I understand that many people may not know what I am talking about so here is a picture...


Don't worry, we didn't venture out onto the streets naked with just a gem in our navels. I wore a flesh coloured leotard from American Apparel, pink plimsole shoes from H&M, multicolored neon fur material that we turned into skirts (what a struggle) and make-shift gems made out of card and decorated with glitter glue and sequins. Although I claim to love fashion, I would never pretend to be seamstress of the year and the thought of making a skirt out of furry material thoroughly scared me. In the end we decided the best way to make them stay up without the use of zips or other haberdashery items unattainable on a student budget, was to basically sew ourselves into the material and simply rip it off later. I'm not going to lie, it worked a treat but one of my friends was slightly baffled when I asked them to help rip me out of my skirt at the end of the night, having realised that I am ridiculously weak ( either that or my friends sewing skills are top-notch).

We all sprayed our hair in different colours and back-combed it to within an inch of its life, or in my case until you kill it. As of yet I have been too scared to attempt brushing my hair, the matte effect after showering was not the look i was going for, so at the moment I'm just crossing my fingers that hair can unravel itself.

Me and all the girls dressed as Wishing Trolls

Me modeling the full outfit

I think our choice of Halloween outfit speaks alot about how we are feeling within ourselves and in our lives at the moment. Having all left everything familiar at home and venturing out into a big, scary new city, we are all in the same boat. However, the theme Wishing Trolls is not in the slightest bit somber or scary, quite the contrary, it is upbeat, humorous, stupid, silly and basically happy. I chose to call this blog Moody Wardrobe because I wanted people to understand the way in which you can see someone's feelings and mood through the way that they are dressed that day. This may not be true to everyone but to someone like me who has a very versitile wardrobe, it can be easy to tell the feelings I am going through. 

It is a very subconscious thing. It is only when I look back that I realise how my outfit reflects my mood. When looking at this picture I realise how much of a good place I am in at the moment, and I dont mean it in the literal sense of the word but personally. I mean obviously it's not all about the clothes. You only had to see us that night to realise how much of a good time we were having, our over-excitement was infectious and possibly a bit irritating to many on the receiving end.


No comments:

Post a Comment